Conversations with my Child
Tuesday, May 21, 2002
 
Today you scared me...
First you made me too sick to do anything other than lay in bed eating saltines and drinking tea... Then brief spotting - which caused me to call our Doula, who said it was quite normal, as long as it wasn't heavy, and I had no cramps...
It went away, but I was so afraid for about an hour!

Meanwhile, the Doula (we'll call her "A." from here on out...) and I talked about hospitals, and how I choose one, etc...
With each passing day, I realize exactly how little I know about this process. I have a feeling the learning curve is kinda steep. It's all rather odd. I mean, it's not like I'm young or naive - and I have so many friends who are parents, and I've been around from the periphery for so many of these things - I just find myself amazed that I really know nothing about having a baby. It's like losing your innocence.

I'm sure I'll be reading a lot in the next 8 months...and bugging the heck out of everyone I know who's ever gone through this!!

Oops... more nausea - back to the bathroom for me...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger