Conversations with my Child
Friday, August 09, 2002
 
Sorry it's been so long...
It's not that we haven't been talking - well, mostly, it's one-sided... me mumbling incoherently down toward my navel and wondering if you hear me.

Yesterday was your ultrasound - and my amnio... and it hurt!! Well, not the ultrasound, but the amnio. Don't ever believe a doctor when he tells you he's going to stick a 4 inch long needle through your abdomen and into your uterus, and 'all you'll feel is a little pricking'... He's lying.

Needless to say tho - other than that it was wonderful seeing you for the first time! You were moving around so fast! Do triple-flips and twisting and turning! Your dad started calling you 'our little acrobat'... :)

Early reports say you are a girl, my little one. We'll get confirmation one way or the other in a few weeks when the amnio results are in. X and or Y chromosones don't lie, they say....

Meanwhile, I can't wait for your arrival. I can almost see your smile in my dreams!

Mom

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger