Conversations with my Child
Sunday, May 25, 2003
 
It was your "4-month" birthday today...
My how you have grown!!!

I can't believe how big you are my darling! and how amazing you already are... You can sit up on your own for a few seconds, but then your feet always capture your attention and reaching for them - down you go! Today, Daddy and I fed you Rice Cereal from a spoon! Your first 'big girl' meal... all 1 teaspoon of it. You did well tho - keeping most of it in your mouth. I have a feeling that will become fun really soon!

You talk... not 'real' talk - your own constantly running monologue (except when you have those wonderful 'dialogues' with Mommy from the changing table - I can already tell you will be the kind of person who chats freely to hairdressers and dentists!) and you make the most delightful sounds! You squeal with delight or anger. In fact, there's no way anyone around you can be unaware of your feelings, Ms. I-may-not-be-able-to-talk-but-I-can-communicate!! :)

Every day you bring new joy to my heart. Your smiles melt my heart, and make others giggle... they are so infectious!

You're a flirt too, missy. So far, you like men better than women (except for Mommy) and you've got just about every guy in the family wrapped around your finger already - as they were all used to your Cousin who hated all men but her daddy for the first 2 years of her life... The women? well, they adore you too... but they're jealous!

I'd right more here - but I spend most of my time playing with you. Watching each new stage you go thru... it's simply amazing.

You are the happiest baby!! Almost everyone who meets you says so, too. Like it's amazingly odd that you would be (don't tell them, we knew you would be... you've had happy feet since the womb - it just follows that the rest of you is too!)

I love you so very much baby girl! While you can't yet sleep all the way through the night (or unswaddled, that last experiment failed... we've had a couple of naps unswaddled, but it just wreaks havoc with your sleep!) you have gotten to the point where you go a gooood long time before your first wake-up - averaging 6-7 hours!

It's okay tho... we know you'll get there in your own time!

Meanwhile, Mommy has issues sleeping too! lol... So off to bed for me. You're in your crib as I write this, sound asleep, with Daddy in the daybed nearby taking the 'night shift'... and I can't wait until tomorrow morning - when I get to see your beautiful, smiling face again!

xoxox
Mama

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger