Conversations with my Child
Friday, December 08, 2006
 
Oh my beautiful girl!!

Where has the time gone?

All my mommy-friends told me it would go by far too quickly, and they were right, it seems.
But every moment of your existence, from the first day I knew about you through today has been one where I just can't believe how lucky I am to have you for a daughter...

Today you said the sweetest, nicest thing anyone has ever told me in my entire life. As we walked into the grocery store to pick up a few things - you looked up from where you were, and still holding my hand said "Mommy? When I grow up, can I be just like you?" and I said, trying not to cry "if you want to, baby girl... of course..." and you said "Okay then - when I grow up, I'm going to be just like you," and smiled at me.
And I said "well, you'll be prettier and smarter, of course..." and you nodded and said "yeah."

I tried hard not to laugh - because I knew it was just your secure little confidence agreeing with me - and no sense of egotism at all... But you're cute little girl ways just make me smile so!

Still, my beautiful daughter - I just want you to be as happy as I am. Someday, I hope you have a daughter that you can love this much.
And I can tell her stories of how happy her Mama made Me when she was a little girl.
And you will understand completely, I'm sure.

Love you, buttercup!

xoxo
Mama

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger