Conversations with my Child
Thursday, January 24, 2008
 
Beautiful, beautiful girl...

5 years ago, at this time, the phone rang - and the hospital said I could come in for my scheduled induction.
I had already been in "non-productive" labor with you for 72 hours at that point. Contractions were coming 5 mins, 5 mins, 20 mins... 5, 5, 15, 5, 5, 25, 5, 5, 15... sleep? What sleep? I was delirious and exhausted. But the hospitals were so full that they would've just sent me home.

When we got to the E.R. to check into L&D at around 2 a.m. the guy noticed I was in labor and said "then why are you here for an induction?" When I explained that with my pattern, they would've just sent me home again, he agreed, and got us upstairs to a room.

At 6:50pm Mountain time, on January 24th, 2003 - you came into our lives - and you've brought love and joy and beauty ever since.

These past 5 years since you finally let me see your gorgeous face have flown by so fast. I knew they would - but still, it shocks me to think of how much you have grown already.

And yet, I was right - you are everything a mother could hope for in a daughter... Sweet, smart, beautiful, and loving. You amaze me every day.

Happy Birthday beautiful girl... and thank you. 5 years ago, you were the best present anyone could ever hope for!

Love Always,
mama

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger