Conversations with my Child
Thursday, January 17, 2008
 
You're just starting to learn to read now - so I guess I'd better start planning to update this more regularly - as it won't be all that long before you say "Mom? what gives with the sporadic nature of the blog?" and the only answer I'll have is "um... I suck at consistency and follow-thru?"

Of course, by then, you'll probably know that all too well yourself from experience! Hopefully, you'll forgive your old Mom her weaknesses...

A week from now you turn 5. Five!!! How has so much time already slipped away?

Still, you are the joy of my days - and you make every one worth getting up for, even when the rest of the world makes me wish I'd stayed in bed. Your smile melts my heart. Your tears break it. Your laughter lights up even the darkest room.

Who knew I'd ever be so in love with my own daughter? But I do adore you. Some day, I hope you have your own child and get to know how amazing this feeling is.

Daddy's New Year Resolution this year was to "dance with you every day" - and so far, he's kept to it - 21 days and counting. You tell me when you grow up, you are going to marry Daddy - and I always say okay... Because I hope you marry someone as wonderful as he is.

We're a very lucky family - and Daddy and I moreso because you came into our lives.

When you're a teenager, and think I hate you because I'm being all parental? I'll still love you more than anything - and when you are in your 20's and realize it wasn't hate but just being your parent? I'll make you read this - so you can laugh!

But for now, beautiful girl, I'm just so happy that you are my daughter. You are so amazing!

love and kisses,
Mama

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger