Conversations with my Child
Monday, February 02, 2009
 
6, 6, you are sooooooo Six!!

Oh my little angel. We had your party today for your sixth birthday. Yes, we did your "family party" on your actual birthday... and it was good. But nothing beats the joy of 20 children running around a bouncy-place shrieking and laughing and having a good time. And nothing beats knowing they are there for you. And for us, the compliments from the other parents about your beauty, your warmth, your way with the other children... yeah, we know we're lucky.

We also got your first "report card" from school. If they used the normal "lettering system" you got mostly A's with a smattering of B's. Nothing you are behind in, nothing you are lacking in. You're either "developing" certain aspects as you should be, or are "secure" in the skills. You are clearly ahead in academics. This makes Mama & Daddy proud and kind of smug. So sue us if we're shallow - you're our only daughter and you rock!!

I cannot wait until the day I can show you this and have you read it and realize that for all this time - you have always been in my heart and on my mind.

I love you more and more each day, my darling. Or as you say to me "I love you all to my heart, more than anything."

Thank you for coming into my world!!

xoxo
mama

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger