Conversations with my Child
Saturday, July 03, 2010
 
My Beautiful Girl...

I started this blog 8 years ago. Little blurbs. Quick conversations with my unborn daughter. Things I wanted to remember to say that I was sure I wouldn't say later.

Then you were born - and the name changed.

The posts have never been anything but sporadic. Something says "oh yeah!" in the back of my head and I look at the photos on my desk and think "oh so long since I last said a word."

You are sleeping my love, as is your father. I should be, but I'm the night owl in the family. Wishing that curse away from you. Everyone else expects me to fit into their world.

At 7 and a half - you are nothing short of amazing to me. You are smart. You read and write better at the end of 1st grade than I did in 3rd grade. Math is easy for you and you like to perform addition in your head. But your heart? Your heart lies in the theater.

Two summers past you took 'theater camp' both sessions. You'd memorize all the lines (the entire script) and then help others to learn theirs before you could even read well. So it shouldn't have been any surprise that you asked to audition for a real show. You learned the monolog - you put on the audition - at 7, you got one of the lead roles in the play. You dilligently atteneded every rehearsal, putting 100% in every time. You didn't miss a single one of the 18 performances - and in every one you were magical. No one ever asked for my autograph & a picture with me when I was your age... Maybe they see the star you will someday become.

Still you remain sweet and caring. Your first instinct is to share something if you think it's good. Your generosity is a product of a huge heart. You want to help everyone.

Your teachers so far - starting with Miss Karen, Miss Jill, Miss Martha at FPLC, and Miss Mary & Miss Laura at St. Michael's -- PDO and Pre-school that prepared you to take on the world in Kindergartend and beyond. Ms. Jordan your Kindergarter teacher was awesome. But no one can ever outdo the warmth, caring, concern, and amazingness that is Miss Theresa Lorenzo - your 1st & 2nd grade teacher thanks to the way St. Mary's works. We couldn't have gotten a better teacher if we had designed her.

And so, in the summer between 1st and 2nd - you are confident. You are articulate. You interact with older kids somewhat differently due to your interaction with your castmates.
You are, unsurprisingly, beautiful as well.

There are not many girls nor women who can wear 'any old hairstyle' and make it look good. You are one. From long hair to the chin-length bob to the 'boy cut' - you just kept getting cuter and more sophisticated looking. And your curls came out in back at last! :)

You are everything I could've ever dreamed for in a daughter at this age... and more. Thank you for sharing your journey with me. It's the best gift I've ever had.

xoxo
Mama

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger